The Gonzalez Family Herald

Headlines and commentary from a Northern California family of seven.

Friday, February 17, 2006

A cold few days

I thought when we left Tahoe that we left the cold of the high mountains. Apparently I was mistaken.

Yesterday morning I awoke to a nice layer of ice all over my house. And my lawn. And my car. In fact, the ice was everywhere. It was 34 degrees and C-O-L-D. Throughout the day it got sunnier, but not realy warmer. I think it got up to 54 degrees at the warmest point, but it really never felt like it was that warm.

So night time rolled around and it got cold again. Not nearly as cold as the bay before, or as icy, but it was cold. And this morning it was cold, but dry. Then an odd thing happened. It snowed.

Now it didn't snow like you would expect if you were in Tahoe. Or Aspen. But on the time of the higher mountains in the Bay Area there was a snow cover to the mountain tops. Mt. Tamalpais, Mt. Hamilton, Mt. Diablo, Mission Peak and the Santa Cruz mountains all had a nice covering of the white stuff on them. And the cold mountain air managed to drift down to us lowlanders. Good thing I got that warm winter coat... wait, I never got that warm winter coat.

On another note, we are getting a piano tomorrow. My wife has been wanting one for some time now so I felt it only appropriate to get one. Not because of any reason in particular, except that she wants one and I want her to have what she wants. She is my wife, after all, and she deserves whatever I can give her.

WE INTERRUPT THIS POSTING FOR AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM OMHOW.
The Organization of Men with Happy Open Wives would like to take a moment to tactfully implore all men around the world to learn a lesson from this. Men, it does not matter what the item is or what the item costs. It matters that it is important to your wife. If it is important to her it should be just as important to you. Show her you love her by listening to her and providing for her and letting her know how much she means to you.
THIS CONCLUDES THIS OMHOW ANNOUNCEMENT.

So I am going to be going out tomorrow to get us a piano that I found on Craigslist. I can't wait.

Anyhow, I am getting tired. I will write more when I can. Until then, pray that I learn how to carefully lift a piano by tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home