The Gonzalez Family Herald

Headlines and commentary from a Northern California family of seven.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Talents, Gifts and a Noisy Child

EDITORS NOTE: In case you were wondering, my family is doing much better after our gut-wrenching episode with whatever bug was in us the night before last. If you don't know what I am talking about, read yesterday's post. If you don't read Spanish, either hire a Mexican to translate or buy a book. Or you could rent one of my children. Of course you would get the deluxe package when doing this, but they're worth it.

So last night was the Homeschool Gifts, Talents and Arts show I wrote about yesterday. I had mentioned before that my two older girls were going to be playing a piano duet and that my oldest was also going to be submitting a posterboard of some of her artwork. My third daughter also posted one of her drawings.

Sidebar: She really wanted to read her book she wrote. 'Detective Anna' is a story straight out of the brain of a five year old. When she finds all the pages I will post it here. You will be amazed that a five year old can write that well (or imagine that well, for that matter). It is a very cute story, well written and easily read by most anyone that piece together phonemes for words that are not proper English. Just wait, you'll see.

Now this is the part where I would normally go into how talented the kids were, how imaginative the artwork was, how cool everything went. But alas, I can't. I was too busy chasing a 10 month old son around the sanctuary hallways trying to allow the other parents to enjoy the show. Call it 'taking one for the team'. Call it doing 'doing my fatherly duty'. Call it what you will, but that kid is very fast and very loud. But the few seconds of the talent show I did see demonstrated how well taught these kids are.

Anyhow, being the proud father that I am I thought I would post a few pictures from the event last night. Enjoy.

Look at my little Picasso's... Oh wait, little Mozart's. Yeah, I are a homeschooling parent.

Well at least I can work my camera enough to get a close-up.

I bet you never thought there were this many homeschoolers in the world did you? Would it shock you even more if I told you that many of these kids are homeschooled within the boundaries of one of the most prestigious school districts in the county? What are we doing?!?!? Oh yeah, parenting and educating our children. The way we are supposed to.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Nathaniel said…

    Hey man, that's awesome. I'm looking forward to homeschooling my family someday too. I'm homeschooled myself.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Robert Gonzalez said…

    Dude, it is such a trip. I never knew parents could educate their kids at home. I always thought that a kid had to go to school or they would go to jail! Good luck with it when you get around to doing it. If you come from that environment you already have an edge over the rest of crazy folk that are doing it :).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home