The Gonzalez Family Herald

Headlines and commentary from a Northern California family of seven.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Where's the camera? And other funnilicious statementizers

Today our two year old discovered make-up. While in her oldest sister's personal belongings (a story for another post) she found a tube of lipstick. Being two years old AND in possession of a tube of lipstick... well, you get the point. Anyway, she comes out to mom, who, taken aback by the beautiful artwork displayed by a two year old's use of a tube of lipstick and a clean facial canvas, had to ask "What's on your face?".

Looking up at mom with her beautiful Precious Moments (r) eyes highlighted by the pretty rings of lipstick, she answered "I needed lipstick on my eyes.".

Where is the camera when you need it?

Honey Buncha Boy
When my five year old was not so five she coined the phrase "honey buncha boats". This was the name of our favorite cereal "Honey Bunches of Oats", only spoken by a young child who loves to be the cutest thing in the room at any given moment. Since then, our family has modified this monicer to become just about "honey buncha" anything. Tonight, for mom, it was "honey buncha boy". I guess you had to be there.

I wear my sunglasses to iron
Spotted in a local living room: A five year old daughter with her heavy coat on, hood donned, wearing sunglasses as she moves the iron over the curtains.

Where is the camera when you need it?

I Love Eggs
I am toying with the idea of giving my eight year old a blog. I have already done this for my nine year old. The first time around was a snap. My daughter gave me a domain name she wanted and voila, it was available. We bought it and within a few hours had her blog up and runnning.

Not so with the second. We looked for everything under the sun. My wife, my oldest daughter and I came up with over 20 different possible domain names and none of them were to the satisfaction of my eight year old.

Finally, in a desperate attempt to quell the tension created by not finding your desired domain name, my nine year old exclaimed "How about 'I LOVE EGGS' dot com?". Makes perfect sense to me.

A five year old eight month old and a two year old nine year old
A few minutes ago our five year old tells on her two older sisters. Apparently, in a fit of frustration and anger, our nine year old decided to smack our eight year old in the ear. As a retalliation measure our eight year old smacked our nine year old right back in the ear. How about that for developing maturity?

On another note, my eight month old son, the crawlker, managed his way down the hallway and into his oldest sister's room. He hunted down and captured a pink my little pony that he is now gnawing on as he cuts teeth.

Where is the camera when you need it?

G'night, and sleep well, from the never-dull, child-filled homestead of the Gonzalez tribe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home