The Gonzalez Family Herald

Headlines and commentary from a Northern California family of seven.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

To all Mothers, throughout the land,
My family and I, we give you a hand.

To stick with the job day by day
Without dying, frying or running away
Allows us to make a day to pause
Consider you, love you and give you applause.
Without you around our lives would stink
With no one to change us or give us a drink
No one to cloth us and show us they care
We are so glad you're here with eyes everywhere.
So today, Mom, we thank you for all that you do
For loving us, teaching us, and yes, spanking us, too.

Hope you enjoyed it. Happy Mother's day.

PS I actually just wrote this. In about five minutes. Kinda neat, huh?

2 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sorry, I guess this comment has nothing to do with the poem...I just thought it was kinda cool...you were just helping me out over at http://forums.devnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?p=263583#263583,
    and then I jump over here and find out you're a Christian, and it sounded like even a homeschool dad. Not only that, your code was way better than mine :) Cool on all fronts.

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Robert Gonzalez said…

    Nice to see there are those out there that won't throw rancid vegetables at me for the the things I say and the way I am. God bless you. I hope I was able to help in some way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home