The Gonzalez Family Herald

Headlines and commentary from a Northern California family of seven.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Happy Windsday

"Happy Windsday Piglet."


"Don't you mean Wednesday?"

"No. Happy Windsday. It is a rather blustery day today."


So I woke up this morning at about 7:00 AM to a loud sound. Not that this would be anything unusual in a household of seven that homeschools. Except for the fact that everyone was asleep and I had the day off. Oh yeah, there was an awfully strong breeze this morning also.

See, the noise I heard was not fighting or jumping or frolicking or tom-foolery. No, it was the sound of our beautiful gazebo, the one we got on sale last year for like $60 at Target, slamming into the house.



Imagine my surprise when I stumble into the kitchen with one eye still shut from being half asleep, desperately in need of a hot cup of coffee, to find that my stinking gazebo WAS STOLEN! Then imagine my embarrassment when I realized that no idiot in their right mind would steal a 12 foot high gazebo and expect to get away with it. So I peaked outside and what do my eye (remember, I am still half asleep) discover? Hoorayyy! It is still here!

OK, I have never been parachuting or parasailing or "para" anything (except pair of panting), but I can tell you that when the wind is blowing the last place you want to be is holding onto an enormous windcatcher. So after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I decided to remove the canvas canopy cover and sun shade then right the gazebo and stake it down solidly in an effort to keep it from flying into my neighbor's bathroom window. Well, I'll tell you what. What? Well, I just told you.

No, seriously. The gazebo turned out to be a pretty mellow fellow after the canvas came off. Of course when it is just an aluminum skeleton without it's parachute, it really doesn't need to be paid any attention. But hey, at least it is still now, right?

By the way, if any of you know where I can get a good but cheap gazebo for next year, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home