The Gonzalez Family Herald

Headlines and commentary from a Northern California family of seven.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Whew, I'm tired (but in a good way)

So the Disneyland trip is over. In case you don't know what I am talking about, be patient, I will be going back and writing all the juicy tidbits leading up to our trip. But we are home now (actually, we were home as of Thursday evening, but I am just getting to write now). What an insane (in a good way) trip it was!

We left on Monday, September 25 for Southern California. You know, that state just below Northern California where everyone drives a Mercedes Benz, all the women are Blonde and the sun always seems to be setting over the perfect landscape of the beaches at all times of the day? Yeah, there. We got there at about 4:00 in the afternoon, but found out when we got there that check-in was not until 5:30 so we needed to find something to do until we could check in. So we hit up McDonalds (this would not be the first trip to McD's we'd make, I assure you). After we finally got checked in and settled in, we began our plot to take over the southland's amusement parks and tourist attractions. Here is how it went:

Day 1 (Mon): Get there, plot southland take over
Day 2 (Tue): Disneyland
Day 3 (Wed): Sea World, San Diego
Day 4 (Thu): Disneyland
Day 5 (Fri): California Adventure/Disneyland
Day 6 (Sat): Laundry/Rest
Day 7 (Sun): American Girl Place(LA)/Downtown Disney (Shopping)
Day 8 (Mon): San Diego Zoo/Dinner with Friends
Day 9 (Tue): Universal Studios
Day 10 (Wed): Hollywood/Beverly Hills/Pack
Day 11 (Thu): Come home

Man, was that a busy vacation (in a good way) or what? We never stopped moving. Ever. We crammed as much as we possibly could into each day we were there (in a good way). There were a couple of rough days (but even those were good days), a few hot days, a rainy day, and a lot of tired days, but every day was a good day. Afterall, we were on vacation, which is always a good thing, huh?

Anyway, I think I may write about each day. Not sure how I will do that yet, but I will. I may make a backdated entry for each day we were there. Or I may make an entry for each day moving forward. Or I may go eat my Ben and Jerry's ice cream and not worry about it (in a good way). Who knows. I know I am not grumpy, and I know it was a fun trip altogether (in a good way).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home