The Gonzalez Family Herald

Headlines and commentary from a Northern California family of seven.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Its been a while

So the last time I wrote I was talking about how rough our afternoon was trying to get to the movies on a Thursday afternoon. What I didn't mention in that post was that just before the movie started I got a phone call from a headhunter in San Francisco. You see, I had turned my resume to 'Public' on Monster.com a few days before that (I think it was on Tuesday evening of that week) and it just so happened that a few companies has found me. And they kept finding me.

This headhunter in particular was very aggressive in their pursuit of me. They had a client that needed a PHP developer job filled. I am a very able PHP developer with a large family to feed. Needless to say, I went on an interview with the headhunter the following Thursday. I was called almost immediately with a request to meet the client on Friday. After the client meeting Friday morning I was called in the early afternoon and told that the client wanted to do a behavioral analysis study on me. So I attended that on the following Monday. The next day, Tuesday August 22 I was made a very lucrative job offer by the client. An offer that I could not pass up.

So on Wednesday, August 23 I submitted my resignation to my former company, with whom I had spent nine years of my life, and prepared to take on a new role. I began that role last week. As of September 5, 2006, you are reading from the new Web Developer for Bay Alarm Company.

I am absolutely thrilled. I love my new job. It is an enormous amount of money more than my previous position and has one responsibility... take the company's flagship web initiative live by the end of the year. WOW! That is awesome.

I am telling you I think I might just stick around this place for a while. Anyhow, I am busier than heck at the moment so I will post again when I get the chance. Until then, keep in mind that I am now developing full time so the amount of time I spend here may go down. But what's really different about that, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home