The Gonzalez Family Herald

Headlines and commentary from a Northern California family of seven.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Out of the mouths of babes

No, babe's. You know, young humans? Our four year old daughter today did something terribly funny. My wife and I were out of the room for a minute to get something from the kitchen. When my wife returned she began laughing. Then she called out to me. When I went into the living room I started laughing. While we were out (famous last words of a parent, eh?) our daughter placed a Winnie the Pooh wash cloth hand puppet thing on our newborn baby boy's face. When asked why she had done this, she replied...

"Because I wanted him to look pretty."

Duh, I mean why else would a four year old put a towel on a baby's face? Needless to say she got a kick out of this as did the whole house. And fortunately for all, the baby can't walk yet or I am sure he would have chased her down the hallway to do God-knows-what to her when he caught her.

That is my magic parenting moment for the evening. TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home